Since time immemorial, the beard has been revered as the ultimate symbol and status of masculinity. As much as this is so, the beard must be well tended to and cared for at all times for it to grace the male face as it should and for the owner to feel comfortable and proud of the natural endowment on his face.
Among the factors that revolve around the growth of the beard, genetics are one of the most dominating factors. In some family lineages, we find that the males are quite hairy on the face and the rest of the body while in others, they appear smooth and hardly require any kind of shaving creams, balms, and devices.
Taking care of the beard
Now that we know it is a heritage that needs to be preserved in most families, all the necessary care and precautionary measures must be taken to ensure comfort while at it. One of the most common ways to take care of the beard that most men do not pay attention to is by applying oil. Looking for the best product? You can see it here. You can also check out Liberty beard balm.
Most men can attest to the fact that a beard that is well-trimmed and oiled to avoid dryness will yield multiple results to both the owners and those around them. Can you imagine a scenario in which, you want to passionately kiss your significant other only for your rugged beard to get in the way? Well, to some ladies, it is a complete turn off while some get turned on by the feeling of this kind of beard on their skin.
How and when to apply beard oil and balm
These products are not a luxury to any man with class and great taste as they know exactly what to go for to suit the needs of their beard. For those in the dark about how and when to apply oil and balm on their beards, here are simple steps to guide you through the whole process;
- First off, you need to wash your beard thoroughly and then dry it with a clean towel.
- Rub some of your favorite oil, balm, or gel onto your palms.
- Massage it into your beard, being very careful to reach the root of the beard and skin as well.
Roles of the beard oil and balm
Put in mind that these products are not just used and applied for the sake of it, there are multiple reasons why most men who know what they want, go for it. They were manufactured for them to play different types of roles on the beard and the skin surrounding it. These are;
- To condition the beard and prevent it from growing wildly.
- It gives it that alluring smell that will automatically draw people around you for some reason, especially the ladies.
- Applying oil and balm on your beard helps give it shape.
- Prevents dryness and itchiness of the skin that lies underneath the beard. It can be so disconcerting when for example, you are in a meeting and find yourself constantly scratching your chin for reasons that are not clear to you just yet. This shows that your beard is dry and needs some oil and balm applied on it to curb this irritating menace.